Thursday, August 12, 2010

Elliptical: Friend or Foe?

I have a love/hate relationship with an exercise machine. After Della was born I found it incredibly hard to make it to the gym everyday. So first we bought a treadmill, but then I remembered that I don't like to run. Thankfully, MC Sports let us return it for a shinny new elliptical. D liked to joke with his friends that it was a dust collector but he knows better.

Here's the deal though. I love that's it's convenient, it's here when I can't make it to a class at Newtone, but....I hate that it's convenient and here at home because I can't use it as an excuse. Case in point; I had an extremely busy work schedule for the past two days and one of my work-out buddies decided she wasn't going to RPM tonight either. GREAT! I can relax! But then when I got home and my wonderful piece of machinery was glaring at me, I went ahead and worked out.

Some people would say, don't you feel better. No not really. Aren't you glad you went ahead and didn't give up? Nope, I missed some quality Real Housewives of New Jersey watching time! But it's over with and I'm exhausted. If I'm quiet enough I can hear my sweat-inducing, calf burning, very small functioning fan, PRO-FORM Elliptical mocking me in a victorious cackle.

1 comment:

  1. Steph!! You look great!! Keep up the good work! I miss seeing your smiling face. Maybe someday we will get back up your way! Let us know if you are ever in our neck of the woods!! D is adorable by the way!!

    ReplyDelete