Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Walk n Roll!

Maybe the heat is getting to me? It's been extremely hot here in Lafayette, however I have decided to do something that I have never done before. Run a 5K. People who really know me are probably reading this saying WHAT? That's because I hate to run. No seriously, I don't run. Or as I like to say, I don't know how to run.
Well, I know how to run....just not fast. In fact, I'm darn near close to the slowest runner on our co-ed softball team (Just to be sure, I think we should race to see who is exactly the slowest, yet I'm pretty sure they don't give you a medal for the slowest base runner).
My friend tried to talk me into a sprint triathlon but I really didn't have time to train. Besides I better do baby steps and I think this 5K to benefit the Wabash Center is the perfect way to start. Besides, it's not until the end of October so I downloaded a How to run a 5k. Appropriately titled Couch to 5K. I'm not exactly coming from the couch so I feel like I have a jumpstart! I just hope to cross the finish line! Oh and still breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment