Monday, August 16, 2010

I don't roll on Shabbos!

Let me begin this post by saying that in my humble opinion, The Big Lebowski is one of the greatest movies ever made!

So when my good friends The Ware's said Della and I could invade their family time and go bowling with them Sunday afternoon we went for it. Besides it wasn't Shomer Shabbos and I'm not Jewish so we're alright! I'm not even sure I can accurately describe our outing. Most importantly it was so great to catch up with Sue, motherhood has severely disabled our ability to gossip! Nonetheless, it was a great chance for us and our girls to hangout.














As you can see, Della looks fabulous sporting her fashionable bowling shoes, yes I made them spray the insides before I put them on her.

It's our first time to roll. We walk up, get our ball and put it down on the lane. I explain to my young patawan that we roll the ball down the lane and knock over the pins at the end of the lane. Triumph! She rolls the ball, which things were looking good at this point...rolling slow but straight, pretty sure it was gonna be a strike, all of a sudden she darts down the alley chasing the bowling ball! She slips, falls...I freak out and run after her. What happens next can only be described as the Greatest Spectacle in Bowling or at least the greatest spectacle! In my attempt to rescue my kiddo, I slip and fall right on my arse! And hard too. Of course my best friends would never laugh at me, yeah right and came to rescue us both. So now I have a sore butt and a crying kid, who's now afraid to bowl. I didn't get a chance to see what we bowled that frame though...bummer.



As the afternoon went on, Della found some courage to try rolling the ball again and all was well. And I will be fine too....my chiropractor says I have whiplash and I need to ice for a few days. Whiplash from bowling! I thought it was a non-contact sport.

1 comment: